|Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
RCL participates in the Michigan eLibrary Catalog (MeL-Cat), a state-wide shared catalog where you can easily search the holdings of participating libraries throughout Michigan and place your own requests (from home!) for items you can't find in our library. Be sure and look in our catalog (see CATALOG drop down menu above under "Look-up Title" to make sure we don't carry the title. We will restrict ILL privileges to those who fail to do this too many times.
After searching our catalog (under "Look-up Title" on Catalog/Account Horizontal Menu above) you may search http://elibrary.mel.org. (Be sure to have your library barcode handy). You must be a resident of Richland Township, or purchase a membership (currently $75.00/annually) to utilize this service.
How to place an interloan request via the Internet:
1. Go to www.mel.org. Click on the MeL-Cat link.
2. Search by author, title, or keyword, then click on the "Find It" button.
3. When the desired title is found, click the "Get This For Me" button.
4. The next screen will read "Which library card/account do you want to use?"
Choose Richland Community Library from the drop-down menu.
5. The next screen will read Login with Library Account Information. Enter your first and last name and library card number and click the "Submit" button.
6. You should see a message that the request was successful.
7. You will be contacted via email or phone (if no email) when the item arrives at the library.
How to enter your e-mail address in MelCat:
1. Go to www.mel.org. Click on the MyMel link.
2. Select Richland Community Library from the list
3. Enter your first and last name and library card number and click "Submit."
4. Click the "Edit Email address" button.
5. A new window will open in which you can enter your e-mail address.
6. Click on Submit.
Note: You can also request renewals, cancel requests, and check due dates when logged into MyMel.